SPORTS & REMEDIAL MASSAGE IN HAY ON WYE
I specialise in Sports & Remedial Massage Therapy.
My programme for Sports Massage takes different forms depending on the outcome you require. My treatments usually involve a range of techniques to get the best results for you. Sports Massage is concentrated on the injured or damaged tissue area and not "full body".
Among the techniques I use are:
• Assessment General/Swedish Massage - to palpate and identify the working area.
• Deep Tissue Massage Techniques - to warm, realign and stretch soft tissue.
• Neuro Muscular Techniques - to work sensitive tissue areas through trigger points.
• Muscle Energy Technique - to stretch and manipulate specific muscle groups.
• Soft Tissue Release - to release and stretch superficial tissue.
• NAT Frozen Shoulder Techniques.
Although there is no "typical" treatment, I will always carry out a full consultation, to assess your suitability for treatment.
Depending on the reason for your visit, I will also carry out a posture analysis to identify any postural or gait imbalances.
Where appropriate I can provide you with guidance on stretching and warm up techniques to enable you to continue and manage your own recovery.
This can take the form of rehabilitation work which focuses on aiding your recovery following an injury or any long term muscular problems, repetitive strain injuries or muscular spasm.
This approach is suitable for active (athletic) and not so active people, and those of us who spend long periods in front of computers or driving.
I can help with pain and dysfunction associated with
• Rotator cuff / Frozen Shoulder / Shoulder Muscles
• Neck muscles
• Lower back pain
• Muscle Pain related to posture
• Sciatic Pain and Piriformis syndrome
• Tight Hamstrings and Calf Muscles.
I am qualified for on site sports events - (pitch side) and hold a Sports Specific First Aid Qualification.
Pre-Event Massage - I offer massage techniques as preparation and warm up for sporting events. This helps prepare for physical activity with the main objective being to improve performance and prevent injury. I have worked at The Mill Run in Talgarth and Hereford Park Runs.
Post- Event Massage This helps to speed up recovery time following physical activity, essential if you are serious about your sport or gym work Frozen Shoulder andRotator Cuff Injuries. and I practise recognised methods and techniques for these conditions.
My Sports Massage therapy is aimed at both the active among us and the not so active…, it is great for those who spend a lot of time in the same position or posture (repetitive strain injury). Also, it is tailored to those who prefer deep tissue massage and tissue manipulation.